How to make a no-sew-t-shirt-bag into a Romanian language and literature lesson
The multi-disciplinary SmartHands workshop “Do not waste your waste – how to make a no-sew-t-shirt-bag has been successfully integrated in a Romanian language and literature lesson for the 9th graders”.
The lesson objectives were:
- to read and understand a literary text by Mihail Sadoveanu – Lacul Roșu/The Red Lake;
- to read and memorize information about the real lake named The Red Lake;
- to read The Red Lake legend;
- to understand the importance of preserving nature;
- to make different products;
- to work in teams.
The lesson was structured in 3 main activities:
Activity nr. 1
All students read M.Sadoveanu’s text and saved the most beautiful quotes and decided that it was a beautiful place for a trip. So, we started to prepare a virtual trip, divided into teams.
Activity nr. 2
Theoretical teamwork (in 4 teams):
- team 1 – read the Red Lake legend,
- team 2 – searched information about the Red Lake,
- team 3 – read information about the preservation of the Lake environment,
- team 4 – described personal experience from their trips to the Red Lake. preservation of the Red Lake environment.
Activity nr. 3
Practical teamwork (in 4 teams):
- team 1 – make bags from old t shirts,
- team 2 – translate the quotes in English,
- team 3 – design a t-shirt,
- team 4 – design the PPT presentation.
At the end of the lesson all participants filled an evaluation form, calculated the score and then discussed the conclusions.